Gender and breastfeeding! – What’s gender got to do with breastfeeding?
This is a fun and interesting quiz developed by WABA gender experts. This quiz will enable you to assess and improve your gender awareness as well as knowledge on gender and breastfeeding related issues!
The WABA Online Self-Study Course on Gender and Breastfeeding
This Self-Study Course on Gender and Breastfeeding is drawn from a three-day Gender Training Workshop organised by WABA in the past years. It includes four web-based educational modules, each based on a specific gender and breastfeeding related topic. These modules correlate with each other and therefore the course has to be taken following the numbered sequence.
The course will help answer two fundamental questions;
a) What does a gender approach mean to a sex-specific issue such as breastfeeding?
b) Why is it necessary to be gender sensitive in breastfeeding protection, promotion and support programmes?
And give you the essential background to start gender sensitive promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding.
Enroll and complete WABA Online FREE Self-Study Course on Gender and Breastfeeding to answer some of these questions and provide better support to breastfeeding women worldwide!!
- Innovative Initiatives: Supporting Working Women’s Right to Breastfeeding. (New)
- Grinding Realities: Women and Breastfeeding in the Informal Sector
- Against All Odds: Gendered Challenges to Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding: A Reproductive Health and Rights Issue
- Towards Healthy Mothers and Children: A Gender and Rights Approach to Breastfeeding Promotion (Discussion Paper)
- Link 3: Breastfeeding and Women’s Empowerment (from Ten Links for Nurturing the Future Action Tool .)
- Infant feeding experiences of women survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- WABA Gender Assessment Practice Tool for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) Physicians and Health Care Professionals
- WABA Guidelines for Gender Sensitive Materials, Advocacy and Communications (Oct 2008)
- GUÍAS WABA SENSIBILIZACIÓN DE GÉNERO PARA MATERIALES, ABOGACÍA Y COMUNICACIONES
- Building a United Nations that Really Works for All Women
- Need to Address Women’s Issues to Promote Breastfeeding
- An Orientation on Gender Issues in Breastfeeding
- Outreach to Women’s Groups
- Gender Brochure
- Information Sheet Assisting Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA) through Breastfeeding